Enjoy these fluffy blueberry pancakes any time of the year as part of a morning gathering of friends and family. A nice addition to a Brunch with Bubbles! The beaten egg whites add extra air and lightness, so they turn out fluffy every time.
2 Eggs (separated)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 tsps baking powder
3 tbsps sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup Whole milk
3 tbsps unsalted butter (melted)
1 tsp pure almond extract (or vanilla extract)
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Gather the ingredients
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff; set aside
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl
- Add the milk, melted butter, and almond (or vanilla) extract
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients; mix until the batter is smooth (do not overstir as this will create tougher pancakes), then fold in the blueberries
- Fold in the beaten egg whites
- Cook the pancakes on a hot greased griddle on one side until the edges start to firm, the bottom is brown, and they start to bubble
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until nicely browned
- Serve with maple syrup or a fresh blueberry sauce, and of course Sparkling Syrah! Enjoy!
- For even browning, use a paper towel to rub oil over the surface of the griddle. Too much oil will cause the pancakes to brown unevenly.